Thanks to the MyEdBC helpdesk, we have the “MasterGrade export” option now. Please follow these instructions to export your class lists. This is far from a perfect option but it is the best we have at the moment.
Step 1: Install Master Grade Plugin
You will need to drag a “plugin” into the C:\Program Files (x87)\Master Grade\PlugIns folder for the import to work.
This is a modified plugin from Master Grade to get it to extract the information from a CSV file exported from MyEd. (For anyone curious, these are my plugin settings).
Please note: on a School District computer you will likely need a Tech Facilitator to install the plugin for you as it requires admin access.
Step 2: Export Roster from MyEdBC
1. Log into MyEdBC and go to the Gradebook top tab
2. Select a class by clicking a check box and then click Roster on the left menu.
3. Now in the Roster page, click on the “Reports” menu and choose “Quick Report”
4. Under “Source”, choose “Saved report” and select “SD36 External Gradebook” from the list of available options then click “Finish.”
5. Once your quick report has run (you might have to enable pop-ups etc.) you need to save it (the resulting CSV file) to your computer. On Windows, you may have to press Ctl+S on the pop-up screen.
Step 3: Edit your CSV file in Excel
1. Open your CSV file in Microsoft Excel and create one more column at the end and call it “Period”. The number should correspond to your block order. For example, this is my Block C class so I called it period 3.
2. Make sure you have set the “Number” formatting to “Number” rather than “General” for this new column or you may get an error importing into Master Grade. The easiest way to do this is to click on the column letter (in this case “H”) and then choose the formatting from the menu above.
3. Save the file, making sure that it is still saved in the CSV format.
Step 4: Import Roster into Master Grade
1. Open Master Grade (remember, for this step you need to have the plugin installed to C:\Program Files (x87)\Master Grade\PlugIns… you can download it at the top of the page in Step 1).
2. Import Student Data
3. Choose MyEdBC Import from the list and select your edited CSV file:
4. Click “Import” and voila! Your class list should be within Master Grade!